The Alberta government is supporting local crime prevention projects and programs that help victims with $2 million in available grants.
Time-limited grant funding between $50,000 and $200,000 per project is available for projects lasting up to 2 years. Funding will support innovative, promising and proven practices.
Funded projects must focus on:
- crime prevention:
- community mobilization efforts to address localized crime issues
- prolific offending
- gang reduction initiatives
- victim services:
- capacity development of victim service organizations
- engagements / partnerships to serve victims
- community safety planning for victims
The 2016 application deadline has passed.
If you have questions about the CFG or the selection process, contact:
Crime Prevention and Restorative Justice Unit
Former grant recipients
17 organizations shared $2 million in funds from Civil Forfeiture Grants in 2017.
2017 Civil Forfeiture Grant recipients - 333 KB
If you have questions about a property that’s been seized, contact:
Civil Forfeiture Office
P.O. Box 1664 Edmonton Main
Edmonton, AB T5J 2N9