We invite you to help recognize people in your communities who go the extra mile to prevent and address crime in Alberta neighbourhoods by nominating them for this prestigious award.
2016 award winners
The 2016 Community Justice Awards were presented on June 3 at an event in Calgary co-hosted by the Medicine Hat Police Service.
Event program - 9.57 MB
Who is eligible?
These awards honour:
- crime prevention organizations
- victim services
- restorative justice organizations
Note: We're no longer accepting nominations for 2016.
We'll review your nomination of a person, business or group (ie, the nominee) based on these elements of community justice:
- leadership – demonstrating exceptional leadership ability in the area of local concern
- innovation – demonstrating innovative solutions or approaches in their work
- service enhancement – taking deliberate and logical steps to enhance the services they currently provide
- community mobilization – effectively mobilizing the broader community to address issues of local concern
- partnerships and collaboration – building connections and effective partnerships with agencies and parallel organizations in the community
If you have a question about these awards, contact:
Crime Prevention and Restorative Justice Unit
310-0000 (toll-free in Alberta)