Every correctional peace officer (CPO) plays an important role in promoting safe and resilient communities.
As a CPO, you:
- ensure the care, custody and control of inmates
- ensure the safety of centre staff and the public
- supervise inmates
- monitor inmate behaviour and movement
- conduct patrols
- keep log book and records
A CPO maintains a physical presence on living units and interacts with inmates on a regular basis. This position functions in a 24-hour operation with rotating shifts.
All successful candidates are hired at the CPO 1 classification.
CPO1 job description
You may be eligible for reclassification to the CPO 2 level after you’ve successfully completed:
- a nine-week staff induction training program
- your probationary period
- 24 months as a CPO