Correctional peace officer
Make a great career choice – join our team.
A correctional peace officer (CPO) plays an important role in providing care, custody and control of adult and young offenders.
The hard work of the men and women who choose to work in this field ensures that Albertans have safe and secure communities in which to live, work and raise their families.
CPOs perform a variety of security-related duties in:
What’s in it for you
Many people from across Canada and around the world choose to live and work in Alberta each year. Alberta’s stable economy and innovative business spirit make it an ideal place to work.
As a CPO, you get:
- a pension, excellent benefits and job security
- province-wide career opportunities
- a rewarding, challenging and dynamic work environment
- to be part of a team with a high level of professionalism
- paid training opportunities
- promotion opportunities
- a chance to help people become contributing members of society
Graduates savoring the moment